Gail Q3 profit up 46% at Rs983 crore
- Lok Sabha adjourned till noon amid uproar
- Gujarat elections: Celebrations break out in BJP camp in Gandhinagar
- Deals Buzz: Bain Capital takes $450 million bridge loan to fund Axis Bank deal
- Skymet raises Series C funding from Germany’s InsuResilience Investment Fund
- Honor Holly 4 Review: Close to Xiaomi Redmi 4, but not better
New Delhi: State-owned gas utility Gail India Ltd on Friday reported a 46% rise in its third quarter net profit on back of turnaround in petrochemical business.
Net profit of Rs983 crore in the October-December quarter of the current fiscal was higher than Rs676 crore in the same period of 2015-16, Gail said in a statement.
The rise in net profit was “buoyed by a turnaround in petrochemicals segment and increase in profitability of liquid hydrocarbons segment”, Gail said.
The company also registered growth in physical performance in all segments—petrochemical sales were up by 8%, liquid hydrocarbon by 4% and natural gas marketing and transmission volumes were up by 3% and 2%, respectively.
During April-December period of 2016-17, Gail’s net profit was up 133% to Rs3,243 crore.