Torrent Pharma to buy certain generic drugs from Novartis
Latest News »
- 12-year-old boy dies of dengue, first fatality in Delhi: MCD
- First set of GST tax deposits nets govt Rs42,000 crore
- Essar Oil CEO resigns as Rosneft rejigs board on $13 billion takeover
- ISRO chief Kiran Kumar says looking at consortium for PSLVs
- Arun Jaitley to meet CMs to firm up NITI Aayog’s 3-year action agenda
New Delhi: Drug firm Torrent Pharmaceuticals on Tuesday said it has entered into pacts with Swiss pharma major Novartis AG to acquire certain generic drugs.
“The company had executed certain agreements with Novartis AG, Basel, Switzerland and its affiliate to acquire certain generic pharmaceutical products”, Torrent Pharmaceuticals said in a filing to BSE.
It, however, did not disclose the name of the products it is acquiring or about the cost of the acquisitions. “The closure of the deal is subject to the approval of Competition Commission of India (’CCI’) and other applicable regulatory approvals,” Torrent Pharmaceuticals said.
Shares of Torrent Pharmaceuticals on Tuesday closed at Rs1,486.35 per scrip on BSE, up 1.08% from its previous close.