Ford India sales rise 17.14% at 24,832 units in March
- PNB fraud: Nirav Modi denies allegations, says his lawyer
- Global gold prices fall for a third day as dollar bounces off December 2014-lows
- IndusInd Bank exposure to Gitanjali Gems in ‘small’ 2-digits
- Why 2018 may see a revival of Indian horror movies
- Donald Trump Jr. to push sales of upcoming Trump Towers during India visit
New Delhi: Ford India on Saturday reported a 17.14% increase in total sales at 24,832 units in March this year. The company had sold 21,198 vehicles in the corresponding month last year, Ford India said in a statement.
Domestic sales grew by 15% to 8,700 units last month as against 7,560 units in the same period a year ago, it added.
Exports during the month under review increased by 18.29% to 16,132 units as compared to 13,638 units in March 2016.
In the first quarter of 2017, total sales were at 63,117 vehicles compared to 51,338 units in the first quarter last year, up 22.94%, the company said.
Commenting on the sales performance, Ford India executive director, marketing, sales and service Anurag Mehrotra said: “Our efforts in addressing the cost of ownership perception and the promise of a differentiated and transparent experience helped us deliver above industry growth rate in the first quarter.”