Brian Acton, WhatsApp co-founder, to leave company
Bengaluru: Brian Acton, co-founder of WhatsApp, now owned by Facebook Inc., will leave the messaging service company to start a new foundation, he said in a Facebook post on Tuesday.
Acton spent eight years with WhatsApp, which Facebook bought in 2014 for $19 billion in cash and stock.
A Stanford alumnus, Acton co-founded WhatsApp with Ukrainian immigrant Jan Koum in 2009. The duo worked at Yahoo before starting WhatsApp. Reuters
- Fire breaks out in a commercial building in Mumbai’s Kandivali East, no one hurt
- Sri Lanka in talks with two Chinese firms for $3 billion refinery
- Asteroid-bound Nasa spacecraft zips by Earth for gravity boost
- SpiceJet, Cleartrip team up with Google Flights for live ticket prices, destinations
- Narendra Modi says development, not votes, is his priority