Air India lowers age limit for elderly travel concession to 60
Latest News »
- Narendra Modi meets CEOs, wants young entrepreneurs to go cashless by 2022
- NEET 2017: Supreme Court refuses exemption for Tamil Nadu
- Triple Talaq verdict: is this a case of judicial overreach?
- 4G smartphone demand in emerging markets spurred growth in April-June: Gartner
- Apex Frozen Foods IPO subscribed 40% on Day 1
New Delhi: National carrier Air India has lowered the age limit for availing travel concession under its scheme for senior citizens to 60.
As per the scheme, an Indian citizen who has attained the age of 60 on the date of commencement of journey is entitled to a 50% discount on the basic fare of an economy class seat, an Air India spokesperson confirmed.
Earlier, the age limit for this offer was 63 years. This offer, however, is only valid for domestic travel. Those seeking to avail this scheme will have to produce a valid identity proof like voter identity card, passport, driving licence, or a senior citizen card issued by Air India.