Will a Snapdeal-Infibeam merger be a union of unequals?
New Delhi: The proposed ‘Plan B’ by Snapdeal founders Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal to sell off the erstwhile e-commerce unicorn to Infibeam will be an interesting union of unequals.
While Infibeam, the only listed e-commerce firm, is currently valued at around $1 billion, more than the sale price put on Snapdeal ($700 million), it is smaller than Snapdeal, when one looks at most metrics.
In FY16, Snapdeal’s revenue was four times that of Infibeam. Snapdeal has also raised $2 billion so far, compared to Infibeam’s $80 million.
- Govt flags SC collegium decision to end performance evaluation of additional judges
- GST rate structure needs complete overhauling: Hasmukh Adhia
- Emaar India plans to raise Rs500 crore by March 2018
- Banking sector stares at additional Rs40,000 crore NPAs
- MFs pump $12 billion in equities, outshine FPIs’ investment