The rise of the unicorns
- Donald Trump ‘most dangerous’ president ever, says Democratic Party chairman
- Hardik Patel’s key aides join BJP ahead of Gujarat assembly elections
- Opec says ‘all options are open’ as compliance at record level
- Army has to remain prepared to counter Doklam-like situation: Bipin Rawat
- Put mandatory Aadhaar linking with bank accounts on hold: Bank union AIBOC
A unicorn, a start-up with a valuation of $1 billion or more, is one which every venture capitalist aspires to have in its portfolio. Tiger Global Management boasts of the highest number of such companies in India, according to a study by Venture Intelligence.
Tiger Global-backed consumer Internet companies Flipkart, Hike, Ola, Quikr and ShopClues.com have already made it to the list. Tiger is followed by another prolific investor, Sequoia Capital, with unicorns such as Mu Sigma, Ola and Zomato in its portfolio.