The rise of the unicorns
Tiger Global Management boasts of the highest number of such companies in India, according to a study by Venture Intelligence
Latest News »
- Amarnath yatra begins from twin routes of Pahalgam, Baltal
- RCF share sale gets oversubscribed by institutional buyers
- Farm loan waiver may dent state finances, risk slippage: Fitch
- USFDA’s off-patent drugs list may not offer much to Indian firms
- How GST impacts auto, real estate, retail, telecom and retail sector
A unicorn, a start-up with a valuation of $1 billion or more, is one which every venture capitalist aspires to have in its portfolio. Tiger Global Management boasts of the highest number of such companies in India, according to a study by Venture Intelligence.
Tiger Global-backed consumer Internet companies Flipkart, Hike, Ola, Quikr and ShopClues.com have already made it to the list. Tiger is followed by another prolific investor, Sequoia Capital, with unicorns such as Mu Sigma, Ola and Zomato in its portfolio.