The rise of the unicorns
Latest News »
- Power Grid inks $500 million loan pact with Asian Development Bank
- Rajasthan govt to raise OBC quota, mulling 5% reservation to Gujjars
- Smartphone maker COMIO launches three handsets in India
- Finance ministry clarifies no disparity in number of taxpayers
- BJP leader arrested after 27 cows die at his gaushala in Chhattisgarh
A unicorn, a start-up with a valuation of $1 billion or more, is one which every venture capitalist aspires to have in its portfolio. Tiger Global Management boasts of the highest number of such companies in India, according to a study by Venture Intelligence.
Tiger Global-backed consumer Internet companies Flipkart, Hike, Ola, Quikr and ShopClues.com have already made it to the list. Tiger is followed by another prolific investor, Sequoia Capital, with unicorns such as Mu Sigma, Ola and Zomato in its portfolio.