The rise of the unicorns
Tiger Global Management boasts of the highest number of such companies in India, according to a study by Venture Intelligence
Latest News »
- Arundhati Roy among Man Booker Prize contenders
- Opening bell: Asian markets open higher; ITC, ICICI Bank, Idea in news
- Despite ‘Baahubali 2’, multiplexes put up a boring show in the June quarter
- Yes Bank turns tide on bad loans, powered by one account
- Asian Paints: June quarter earnings lose sheen hit by GST, high input costs
A unicorn, a start-up with a valuation of $1 billion or more, is one which every venture capitalist aspires to have in its portfolio. Tiger Global Management boasts of the highest number of such companies in India, according to a study by Venture Intelligence.
Tiger Global-backed consumer Internet companies Flipkart, Hike, Ola, Quikr and ShopClues.com have already made it to the list. Tiger is followed by another prolific investor, Sequoia Capital, with unicorns such as Mu Sigma, Ola and Zomato in its portfolio.