Grasim Industries Q1 consolidated net profit rises 7.3% to Rs890.5 crore
Mumbai: Grasim Industries Ltd on Monday reported a 7.3% rise in consolidated net profit to Rs890.5 crore in the quarter ended June on the back of an 8% growth in revenue to Rs10,986.1 crore.
Consolidated earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Ebitda) rose to Rs2,061.4 crore with Ebitda margin remaining unchanged at 18.8%. Standalone net profit rose 8.2% to Rs347.2 crore despite a 12.8% rise in revenue to Rs2,986.5 crore, as Ebitda margin shrank 130 bps to 18.6% due to higher other expenses.
The Aditya Birla Group company said while viscose staple fibre (VSF) revenue grew 11% from the year-ago period to Rs1,836 crore and the chemicals segment saw a 20% jump to Rs1,084 crore. In terms of sales volume, while VSF sales remained flat at 121,000 metric tonnes, caustic sales volumes rose 4% from a year-ago period to 199,000 tonnes.
Value-added products sales volume, within the chemicals segment, similarly, registered a 12% jump from the year-ago period to 121,000 tonnes.
- Rahul Gandhi to begin three-day Gujarat visit from Monday
- Narayan Rane to meet Amit Shah in Delhi tomorrow
- Germany Elections: Angela Merkel wins 4th term as far-right enters parliament
- Eye on 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Mayawati to hold rallies across India
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire overtakes Alto as India’s best-selling car in August