Emami Ltd’s June quarter profit drops to Rs89 lakh on GST disruptions
Kolkata: Disruptions in trade-distribution ahead of implementation of goods and services tax (GST) dragged down consumer goods maker Emami Ltd’s June quarter net profit to Rs89 lakh from Rs56.6 crore in the same period a year earlier.
Net sales of the company fell 16% year-on-year to Rs541 crore as distributors cut inventory ahead of implementation of GST from 1 July.
Director Harsh Agarwal said things are expected to stabilise over the next two quarters.
Latest News »
- BSES plans to scale up incentive scheme for power savers
- ItzCash’s parent Ebix to buy money transfer operations of Wall Street Finance
- Wildlife panel rejects UP govt’s plan for ‘religious and hi-tech smart city’ near Ganga
- Arvind Subramanian slams carbon imperialism, calls for global coal alliance
- Floods claim 53 more lives in Assam, Bihar, West Bengal