Eveready September quarter profit jumps 41% to Rs25.62 crore
Latest News »
- Uber narrows Q2 loss to $645 million, boosts revenue in turmoil
- Opening bell: Asian markets open mixed; Infosys, Tata Steel, DLF in news
- An ill wind for Suzlon, Inox’s quick recovery hopes
- Shree Cement: Rising freight cost to remain a drag on margins
- Sadbhav Engineering on the growth track as road segment fares well
Kolkata: Battery maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Wednesday said its net profit in the September quarter had jumped 41% year-on-year to Rs25.62 crore despite no growth in revenue thanks to a 275 basis point gain in operating margin. (One basis point is equal to one-hundredth of a percentage point.)
Eveready’s revenue for the quarter was marginally lower than a year earlier at Rs366.63 crore.
The company said its operating margin had gone up to 11.62% in the September quarter from 8.87% a year earlier due to improved efficiencies in manufacturing.