Eveready September quarter profit jumps 41% to Rs25.62 crore
- Kejriwal’s apology to Majithia a bid to reduce defamation burden: Amarinder Singh
- Theresa May warns of new Russia sanctions as 23 UK diplomats expelled
- Tech giants set to face 3% tax on revenue under new European Union plan
- Nirmala Sitharaman says no repeat of Doklam crisis
- Govt plans regulatory framework for social media, online content: Smriti Irani
Kolkata: Battery maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Wednesday said its net profit in the September quarter had jumped 41% year-on-year to Rs25.62 crore despite no growth in revenue thanks to a 275 basis point gain in operating margin. (One basis point is equal to one-hundredth of a percentage point.)
Eveready’s revenue for the quarter was marginally lower than a year earlier at Rs366.63 crore.
The company said its operating margin had gone up to 11.62% in the September quarter from 8.87% a year earlier due to improved efficiencies in manufacturing.