Eveready September quarter profit jumps 41% to Rs25.62 crore
- Civil aviation ministry may face funding crunch for UDAN
- Railways may shorten recruitment process from 2 years to 6 months
- Poll outcome in Gujarat, Himachal to dictate market trend: Experts
- Yamaha evaluating launch of electric two-wheelers in India
- North Korea ‘agent’ charged with missile parts sale plot in Australia
Kolkata: Battery maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Wednesday said its net profit in the September quarter had jumped 41% year-on-year to Rs25.62 crore despite no growth in revenue thanks to a 275 basis point gain in operating margin. (One basis point is equal to one-hundredth of a percentage point.)
Eveready’s revenue for the quarter was marginally lower than a year earlier at Rs366.63 crore.
The company said its operating margin had gone up to 11.62% in the September quarter from 8.87% a year earlier due to improved efficiencies in manufacturing.