Eveready September quarter profit jumps 41% to Rs25.62 crore
- Hardik Patel’s key aides join BJP ahead of Gujarat assembly elections
- Opec says ‘all options are open’ as compliance at record level
- Army has to remain prepared to counter Doklam-like situation: Bipin Rawat
- Put mandatory Aadhaar linking with bank accounts on hold: Bank union AIBOC
- India beat Pakistan 4-0 to enter Asia Cup final
Kolkata: Battery maker Eveready Industries India Ltd on Wednesday said its net profit in the September quarter had jumped 41% year-on-year to Rs25.62 crore despite no growth in revenue thanks to a 275 basis point gain in operating margin. (One basis point is equal to one-hundredth of a percentage point.)
Eveready’s revenue for the quarter was marginally lower than a year earlier at Rs366.63 crore.
The company said its operating margin had gone up to 11.62% in the September quarter from 8.87% a year earlier due to improved efficiencies in manufacturing.