MTNL swings to loss in fourth quarter of FY17
- Nifty hits 11,000 mark, Sensex past 36,000 for the first time
- Thousands stranded, scores injured in snowbound Tokyo
- Asia wakes to Donald Trump’s big trade move with tariffs aimed at them
- Market Live: Nifty hits 11,000, Sensex crosses 36,000, RIL, Axis Bank shares rise
- Tata Group sees big opportunity to grow in financial services
New Delhi: State-run telecom firm Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) on Tuesday posted a net loss of Rs634.8 crore for the quarter ended on 31 March 2017. The company had posted net profit of Rs188.64 crore in the fourth quarter of FY16.
The revenue from operations declined by about 3% to Rs963.12 crore during the reported quarter from Rs992.65 crore in the same period a year ago.
For the year ended March 2017, MTNL’s net loss widened to Rs2,963.05 crore from Rs1,945.86 crore at the end of the previous fiscal. The annual income of MTNL also declined by 3.6% to Rs3,654.69 crore for 2016-17 from Rs3,793.89 crore at the end of 2015-16.
Shares of MTNL closed at Rs21.25 a unit, down by 1.39% compared to previous close at BSE on Tuesday.