Raimund Genes, Trend Micro CTO and EmTech India keynote speaker, dies at 54
- Congress asks PM Modi to address Haryana rape incidents in ‘Mann Ki Baat’
- UP govt mulls withdrawing Muzaffarnagar riots cases against BJP leaders
- ONGC to buy government stake in HPCL for Rs36,915 crore
- AIADMK to write to EC to disqualify Puducherry MLAs holding ‘office of profit’
- Delhi govt asks hospitals to install CCTVs to ensure safety of staff, patients
Mumbai: Raimund Genes, chief technology officer (CTO) of security firm Trend Micro, died unexpectedly of a heart attack on 24 March, at his family home in Germany. He was 54. Genes was a keynote speaker on 10 March, the concluding day of EmTech India event.
“It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you about the incalculable loss of our dear friend and colleague Raimund Genes,” said Eva Chen, chief executive officer of Trend Micro in a note to all employees. “We are shocked and heartbroken. Raimund was an exceptional human being and a great leader. He was a confidant and friend and our heart goes out to his family.”
Raimund Genes was an integral part of Trend Micro during the last 21 years, building up the Trend Micro organization in Germany and Europe and serving as its CTO.