The road accident clock of Indian cities
- IndiGo moves SC against HC order asking it to move from T1 to T 2
- Finance ministry seeks RBI’s view on lapses in banking system
- Govt extends transmission charge waiver to solar, wind power till March 2022
- Star India wins audio-visual production rights for IPL, BCCI domestic season
- Tripura records 89.8% voter turnout in assembly elections: EC
An analysis of 53 Indian cities, with a population more than 1 million, shows a broad pattern in road accidents during a 24-hour period: rising with the day, peaking between 3pm and 9pm, and then tapering off.
Yet, in each three-hour band during the day, there are cities that register a significantly higher share of their road accidents than the national average.