Callaway won a gold medal on the 2011 Gold Digest Hot List with this high-tech lightweight beast of a driver. If there is a material that can possibly go into a state-of-the-art golf club, the Razr Hawk has it somewhere. With a street price of around $400, this is a pricey, but essential, addition to any respectable bag of clubs. Also, there is no way anything can be this sexy and legal at the same time.
The properties of the golf club:
• The club is strengthened with a collection of 23 million turbo static carbon fibres.
• The club face is finished with a spin-cast nickel rear-weight pad and a thin aluminum skid plate.
• The chemically milled titanium club face transmits power while still being supple enough to forgive off-centre shots.
• The forged composite material used to manufacture the club is stronger than titanium and was developed with inputs from car maker Lamborghini.
• Alvaro Quiros uses the Razr Hawk to routinely launch drives more than 330 yards long, making him one of the longest drivers on the PGA tour.