Nickelodeon to go blank for 30 min on 7 Nov

Nickelodeon to go blank for 30 min on 7 Nov
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Thu, Nov 05 2009. 12 03 AM IST
Updated: Thu, Nov 05 2009. 12 03 AM IST
New Delhi: Viacom 18 Group’s children’s entertainment channel, Nickelodeon will go blank for half an hour on 7 November, 2009 between 5 and 5:30 pm in an effort to encourage kids to play outdoor. The annual event organised by the channel has roped in former Indian cricket team captain, Ajay Jadeja and Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon for its campaign.
Commenting on this initiative, Nina Elavia Jaipuria, general Manager and senior vice president, Nick India says, “Nick has always been a responsible broadcaster and we strive to go beyond just entertainment. Nick is deeply concerned about the issue of lack of play in the lives of kids and is pulling out all the stops to inspire as many kids and parents as possible. The Playathon is a step in the direction of changing the lifestyle of our future generations forever.”
“Let’s Just Play this year is a 6 week initiative that will be a nation wide Play-a-thon, where games and interactive events will be organised. It is a great marketin platform for us as well, it creates more interactivity between the kids and Nicktoons like Ninja Hattori, Dora The Explorer, SpongeBob SquarePants and Perman. It has worked well last year, but this year we have taken it to another level where we taking it on a much larger scale and identifying with the ”cool” generation, by saying that it is fashionable to play outdoors,” said Jaipuria.
With a number of competitors ready to grab the viewers that Nickelodeon might miss in the half hour blank telecast Jaipuria is confident that the kids are strong followers of Nickelodeon’s toon characters and they will switch back after the half hour. The campaign will be carried out in five metro cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kolkata.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Thu, Nov 05 2009. 12 03 AM IST