French rock band changes name after Donald Trump victory
- Election Results 2017 highlights: BJP wins in Gujarat, trounces Congress in Himachal
- Gujarat election results: BJP loses in Modi’s hometown Vadnagar
- Gross NPAs of banks cross Rs8.5 trillion in 1st half of this fiscal
- HPCL asks Airtel to transfer LPG subsidies to bank accounts
- Prem Kumar Dhumal, common man’s leader, loses by 3,500 votes
Poitiers: A French electronic rock group thought their name, Trumps, was an ace choice when they launched on the musical scene in 2014. But the election of Donald Trump to the White House has given the band a mighty headache—and the monicker which they liked so much has been ditched.
In an announcement on Facebook, Trumps said they want to avoid any association with the controversial tycoon and are open to suggestions from fans for a new name. Their lead singer, who goes under the stage name of Jim, said the Trumps’ image problem began when the US election campaign built up steam.
“We don’t feel like being associated with this guy,” he told AFP on Tuesday. “We have no connection with him, and we don’t want to be seen pushing anything political.”
Witty fans have suggested the group be renamed “The Hillarys” or “The LePens”, a reference to defeated Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton and France’s far-right leader Marine Le Pen.
But according to local radio station France Bleu Poitou, the ex-Trumps will be reborn next month as Odd Zoo.