French rock band changes name after Donald Trump victory
Trumps, the French electronic rock group, will be reborn next month as Odd Zoo
Latest News »
- Govt, industry should team up to minimize disruption due to GST implementaton
- GST rollout from 1 July, but confusion still reigns among auto, FMCG firms
- Why didn’t Madhya Pradesh farmers gain from farm growth?
- NIPFP may help compute social obligation costs borne by Indian Railways
- GST is the new normal, but issues still remain: Nykaa’s Sachin Parikh
Poitiers: A French electronic rock group thought their name, Trumps, was an ace choice when they launched on the musical scene in 2014. But the election of Donald Trump to the White House has given the band a mighty headache—and the monicker which they liked so much has been ditched.
In an announcement on Facebook, Trumps said they want to avoid any association with the controversial tycoon and are open to suggestions from fans for a new name. Their lead singer, who goes under the stage name of Jim, said the Trumps’ image problem began when the US election campaign built up steam.
“We don’t feel like being associated with this guy,” he told AFP on Tuesday. “We have no connection with him, and we don’t want to be seen pushing anything political.”
Witty fans have suggested the group be renamed “The Hillarys” or “The LePens”, a reference to defeated Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton and France’s far-right leader Marine Le Pen.
But according to local radio station France Bleu Poitou, the ex-Trumps will be reborn next month as Odd Zoo.