David Guetta’s Mumbai concert rescheduled to 15 January
- Gujarat polls 2017: Reservation promise over 50% cap a big joke, says Nitin Patel
- UBI gets Sebi approval for Rs1,000 crore equity issue via QIP
- Gold, silver recover on renewed demand in Mumbai
- Gujarat elections 2017: 1,703 candidates file nominations for 1st phase
- Government forms task force to review income tax laws
New Delhi: Grammy award-winning French DJ David Guetta’s concert in Mumbai has been rescheduled to 15 January with the organisers saying that they have received the nod from the authorities.
The Mumbai concert was first supposed to take place at Mahalaxmi Racecourse but the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) denied permission. It was then shifted to Reliance Jio Garden but there too it was rejected.
“We regret the cancellation of the Sunburn Arena with David Guetta this evening. We are happy to add that we have succeeded in rescheduling the event for Sunday, 15 January between 11am to 4pm at the same venue —Jio Gardens, BKC,” Harindra Singh, managing director & chairman, Percept Limited said.
“We are complying with all the regulatory requirements as prescribed by the authorities. The current tickets will be valid for the rescheduled show on Sunday,” he said.
About 4,000 people were expected to attend the event.
In Bengaluru, Guetta was scheduled to headline a special gig yesterday, kickstarting his four-city tour to Mumbai, Hyderabad and New Delhi. However, it was cancelled in the morning with organisers and authorities citing different reasons