Regional language book sales rose by 350% in 2015: Amazon poll
- Luxury cars that littered Guptas’ yard in South Africa a way to recoup some cash
- Chicago woman sues Twitter, Facebook, Google over 2015 Paris attacks
- TCS not exiting Lucknow: Tata Sons chairman N. Chandrasekaran
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: CBI court discharges accused cop P. P. Pandey
- RBI MPC minutes: Inflation, fiscal deficit concerns led to status quo
Bengaluru: The number of test prep books sold recorded a more than four-fold increase in 2015 from the previous year, according to Amazon.in ‘Reading Trends Report’.
E-commerce marketplace Amazon.in conducted a readers poll on its website where it invited people to vote for their favourite book across nine categories. The poll ran for 11 days, between 4 and 14 December.
“It is indeed a matter of pride that Indian writers are among the most read authors for the third consecutive year,” Noor Patel, director of category management at Amazon India said in a statement.
Book sales in regional languages rose by 350% in 2015 from a year ago. Translations of The Secret of the Nagas by Amish Tripathi continued to find a place among the top three best-sellers in various vernacular languages including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali and Marathi for the third consecutive year along with Immortals of Meluha by the same author, the company said.
Most well-read cities:
National capital region
First time entrants into top 20 most well-read cities list:
Top 5 Bestsellers of 2015:
Scion of Ishvaku
Manorama Yearbook 2015
Word Power Made Easy
Who will cry when you die?
Top 5 categories of 2015:
*Ranking was determined by compiling sales data of all the physical books sold during 2015.