UK-based beer brands
1. This beer company was founded to cater to a market for less gassy lager. Its beer was first brewed in Bangalore in 1990 and imported to the UK, until in 1997, it commenced brewing under licence with Charles Wells in the UK. Which company?
2. This company originated when its founder Arthur ____ leased a brewery in Leixlip, Ireland in 1755 to brew ale. He moved on to another in St James Gate, Dublin at the end of 1759. By 1767 he was the master of the Dublin Corp. of Brewers. Which company?
3. This beer is brewed by Shepherd Neame, Britain’s oldest commercially operated brewery. It is named after the British single-seat fighter aircraft used by the RAF in World War II. Which beer?
4. Which brand is named after John Manning ____ _____, who patented the first semistiff collar in 1919?
5. This brand originated in the 1820s in Troy, New York. A blacksmith’s wife, despairing at the state of her husband’s shirts after work, detached the collars from the shirt and cleaned them separately. By 1827, she began selling stiff collars to the public. This collar was brought over in the mid-1850s, and sold under the present brand name. Which brand?
6.This brand, launched in 1993, was responsible for popularizing the phrase “Friday dressing”. Which brand?
7. Which TV channel’s logo and name are inspired by the logo of the DMK?
8. The word “Star” in the name of the network Star TV network is an abbreviation. What does it stand for?
9. In the early 20th century, Edison invented the kinetoscope, which was a motion picture viewing device. Soon, kinetoscope parlours mushroomed all over America. These parlours got their name because of the amount of money that had to be inserted into these machines. This name is also the name of a TV channel. What channel?
1. Cobra Beer
2. Guinness beer
3. Spitfire beer
4. Van Heusen
6. Allen Solly
7. Sun TV
8. Satellite Television for the Asian Region
Prepared exclusively for Mint by Shamanth Rao. Write to us at email@example.com