India’s internet readiness
- Gujarat elections: Congress, Hardik Patel deceiving each other on reservation, says Arun Jaitley
- Only 23% of donated organs are transplanted to needy patients: health ministry
- Zimbabwe’s Emmerson Mnangagwa to be sworn in as president on Friday
- BIS to frame hallmark standards for 24 carat gold jewellery
- Karnataka’s black magic law a bridge for Siddaramaiah before assembly polls
More people are getting access to a smartphone and, eventually, connectivity to the internet across India. The latest Internet Readiness Index figures suggest that Maharashtra, Delhi and the union territory of Chandigarh have the highest index figures, while Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, and Daman and Diu are yet to even open their account.
An initiative by the Department of Posts saw the provision of internet and email facilities in post offices across India. Delhi, Karnataka and Maharashtra have the maximum number of connected post offices, while Manipur, Andhra Pradesh and Meghalaya are at the bottom.