India’s internet readiness
- Farm loan waiver: Maharashtra detects 1.5 million suspicious bank accounts
- BJP has successfully covered 75% of polling booths in 3 years: Amit Shah
- OPG Securities approaches SAT against NSE’s suspension notice
- RBI revises investment, trading rules for banks
- India needs robust cold chain supply system to increase farmers’ income, say experts
More people are getting access to a smartphone and, eventually, connectivity to the internet across India. The latest Internet Readiness Index figures suggest that Maharashtra, Delhi and the union territory of Chandigarh have the highest index figures, while Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, and Daman and Diu are yet to even open their account.
An initiative by the Department of Posts saw the provision of internet and email facilities in post offices across India. Delhi, Karnataka and Maharashtra have the maximum number of connected post offices, while Manipur, Andhra Pradesh and Meghalaya are at the bottom.