Jose Mourinho targets glory for Manchester United at unveiling
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
Jose Mourinho was unveiled as the new Manchester United manager on Tuesday, insisting he was a winner who aims to return the club to its traditional position of dominance.
The 53-year-old former Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter Milan coach said he did not want the players to think improving on last season’s fifth place would be sufficient.
“For United fans, for many years, success was just routine. In the last three years, I want to forget,” the Portuguese manager told reporters at Old Trafford.
“I don’t want the players to think we need to do better. What is to do better? Finish fourth. Finishing fourth is not the aim. We want to win.
“I want everything. I want to win matches, I want to play well. I want to score goals, I don’t want to concede goals. I want everything.”
Mourinho’s first game in charge will be a friendly against Borussia Dortmund in the International Champions Cup at Shanghai Stadium on 22 July. United’s first Premier League game is at Bournemouth on 13 August. Reuters