IPL 2017: Sony Pictures garners 363.9 million viewers so far
Latest News »
- Apex Frozen Foods IPO subscribed 1.2 times till 2.45pm on Day 2
- Suresh Prabhu takes moral responsibility for train accidents, offers to quit
- Stop dumping of ‘ritualistic material’ into Ganga to keep river clean: NEERI
- Smartphones with 18:9 displays you can buy right now
- Global gold prices edge up on softer dollar, focus on Jackson Hole conference
New Delhi: Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN) on Thursday said it has crossed the last year’s viewership figures with 363.9 million viewers so far in just 32 matches.
Last year, the channel saw 361 million viewers for the entire 2016 tournament. Sony Pictures Networks India is the official broadcaster of the IPL 2017.
“VIVO IPL 2017 continues to grow and has achieved a cumulative reach of 363.9 million in the fourth week of the tournament as compared to last year’s reach of 314 million after 32 matches,” SPN said in a statement.
So far the top performing markets are Maharashtra, AP/Telangana, Gujarat, Karnataka and West Bengal.
Among metros, Mumbai and Delhi take the top spot.
The tournament enjoys higher engagement with 64 minutes average time spent per viewer vis-a-vis 53 minutes last year for 32 matches, SPN added.