Rajinikanth’s ‘2.0’ satellite rights sold for Rs110 crore
The satellite rights for superstar Rajinikanth’s sci-fi thriller ‘2.0’ have been acquired by Zee Network for Rs110 crore
Latest News »
- Banks have no liability for loss of valuables in lockers: RBI
- Maruti’s mega car plants lean on new technology to be future-ready
- HDFC to list subsidiaries at opportune time: Deepak Parekh
- Gorkhaland: GJM supporters agitation in strike-hit Darjeeling continues on 11th day
- Mysterious ‘Planet 10’ may be lurking at edge of solar system
Chennai: The satellite rights for superstar Rajinikanth’s sci-fi thriller “2.0” have been acquired by Zee Network for Rs110 crore.
The movie, also starring Bollywood star Akshay Kumar in the role of an antagonist, is a sequel to the 2010 blockbuster “Enthiran”. S Shankar is returning as the director.
“It’s an unprecedented deal. The price of combined Indian satellite rights for the film for all the languages (Hindi, Tamil and Telugu) is Rs110 crore. We are very happy to associate with Zee Network for the project,” Raju Mahalingam, creative head of Lyca Productions, told PTI.
Amy Jackson, Sudanshu Pandey, Adil Hussain and Kalabhavan Shajohn complete the supporting cast.
Academy award-winning composer A.R. Rahman has composed the music for the project, which is said to be India’s most expensive film at a budget of Rs450 crore.
The film will hit the theaters worldwide on 18 October during the festival of Diwali.