Priyanka Chopra terminates her contract with Nirav Modi
Mumbai: Priyanka Chopra, who featured in one of the advertisement campaigns for Nirav Modi, has terminated her contract with the brand in light of allegations of a Rs11,400 crore PNB fraud against the billionaire jewellery designer, the actor’s spokesperson said on Friday.
Earlier this month, the state-owned Punjab National Bank (PNB) said it had detected a Rs11,400 crore fraud where Nirav Modi allegedly acquired fraudulent letters of undertaking (LoUs) from the Brady House branch in Mumbai to secure overseas credit from other Indian lenders. The actor had appeared in a TV commercial for the brand along with Sidharth Malhotra.
“In light of recent allegations, Priyanka Chopra has chosen to terminate her contract with the Nirav Modi brand,” Priyanka’s spokesperson said in a statement. Sidharth had earlier told PTI that since his contract with the brand was already over, he will not seek any legal action.
Actor Bipasha Basu, who featured in Gitanjali Gems advertisement, has claimed that the brand, owned by Modi’s uncle Mehul Choksi, continued to use her pictures even after her contract expired. Her spokesperson, however, has clarified that she was not seeking any legal action against the company.
- Speeding up plans to cut emissions may save 153 million lives, says study
- Can hashgraph unseat blockchain as the favoured tech for cryptocurrencies?
- FDA-like agency needed for agriculture: commerce ministry
- Raju Shetti offers support to Congress over farmers’ issues
- Pharma firms under scanner for selling drugs without safety trials