HBO social media accounts hacked
Los Angeles: HBO’s troubles are just getting worse as on Wednesday night hackers took control of the network’s social media accounts. According to Variety, a hacking group broke into company’s Twitter and Facebook accounts.
“Hi, OurMine are here, we are just testing your security, HBO team please contact us to upgrade the security – ourmine .org -> Contact,” read a message on both social platforms.
The Twitter account for Game of Thrones was also misused. However, HBO managed to scrap the offending tweets shortly after they were posted. This comes after HBO Spain accidentally broadcast Game of Thrones season seven episode 6 four days before its official release.
The news of hack first broke out on 31 July when the hackers reportedly released a handful of unaired episodes of HBO shows, as well as other internal data, online. After that, an unaired episodes of the season nine of the show “Curb Your Enthusiasm” was leaked online.
The episodes from the upcoming instalment of the series found their way on the Internet, one month before the original airing date, 1 October.
- Supreme Court rejects Essar’s plea against Hazira port expansion
- HDFC Property Fund aims to raise $500 million from overseas investors
- Essar Oil seeks loans from traders as banks fear Russian links
- CoLive raises Rs12 crore from SAR Group and others
- Cybercrimes cost firms $600 billion last year: McAfee report