Twitter launches video app for Apple and Amazon TV, Xbox One
- Indian Oil to invest Rs70,000 crore to expand refining capacity
- PNB-Nirav Modi fraud: Nexus between diamond traders and stock market brokers under scanner
- NTPC eyes 100% equity in some JVs with state utilities, stressed assets
- Maharashtra allows privatisation of cooperative spinning mills, powerloom societies
- Pakistan borrows $500 million from China
Bengaluru: Twitter Inc launched a new video streaming application for Apple Inc and Amazon.com Inc TV platforms, as well as Microsoft Corp’s Xbox One gaming console as it brings its video content to the forefront.
Shares of Twitter were up nearly 3% at $18.26 in early trading.
The application will also be available for users of these devices without a Twitter account or a pay-TV subscription, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
The application will feature video content from a number of Twitter’s partners, including the National Football League and the National Basketball Association, as well as curated tweets and shorter video from its Vine and Periscope services.
The news comes a day ahead of the first of the 10 NFL on Thursday night games that Twitter obtained streaming rights for in April.
Jack Dorsey-led Twitter has made a significant push into video, signing deals with several media companies and sports organizations to stream major events. Reuters