Netflix orders new high school comedy series
Los Angeles: Netflix has ordered an eight- episode limited comedy series, titled “Best Worst Weekend Ever”. “The Wedding Ringer” director Jeremy Garelick will serve as showrunner on the high school drama, according to ‘The Hollywood Reporter’.
Created and exec produced by Robin and frequent collaborator Dan Franklin, the comedy follows four friends as they make the most of their last weekend before high school.
The pickup for “Best Worst Weekend Ever” comes after the streaming giant renewed Jenji Cohan’s “GLOW” for a second season.
- Indian Oil to invest Rs70,000 crore to expand refining capacity
- PNB-Nirav Modi fraud: Nexus between diamond traders and stock market brokers under scanner
- NTPC eyes 100% equity in some JVs with state utilities, stressed assets
- Maharashtra allows privatisation of cooperative spinning mills, powerloom societies
- Pakistan borrows $500 million from China