Stan Lee announces new Latin superhero
- Sri Sri Ayurveda to launch its products in 30 more countries
- New Amazon headquarters may come up in Brooklyn, and not New York
- India to supply over half of Asia’s workforce over coming decade: report
- Amazon puts ‘hands-free’ Alexa voice assistant on its new tablet
- Myanmar must stop military campaign against Rohingya: UN chief
Querétaro (Mexico): Comic book legend Stan Lee is 94 years old but still working on new characters—telling fans they can expect a Latin superhero by the end of the year.
The creator of Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four and X-Men made the announcement in front of almost 20,000 fans at La Conque, the largest comic convention in Latin America, after being asked on Sunday what kind of hero Mexico would need to address its social problems.
“I wanted this to be a surprise, but I’m personally working on a Latin hero that you’ll be seeing at the end of the year. I want to make him as good as I can, as different as I can,” Lee said.
He took part in three days of activities at the convention in central Mexico, signing autographs and taking photos with fans who had come from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Venezuela and even as far away as Belgium.
“This city, in this country, has the greatest fans in the whole world! You people are spectacular. This convention is wonderful,” he said.