PTI Twitter account hacked, restored within minutes
Latest News »
- Isro to launch back-up navigation satellite on 31 August
- Union cabinet clears transfer of AAI’s 40 acre land to MMRDA for Mumbai Metro
- D-Mart shares up 230% from issue price, market cap swells to Rs61,731.32 crore
- Fiat Chrysler planning spin-offs of Maserati, Alfa Romeo brands
- Vishal Wanchoo appointed CEO of GE South Asia
New Delhi: The Twitter account of Press Trust of India (PTI) was hacked Wednesday evening by a group which called itself ‘Iran Crack Security team’ but was restored within minutes.
The hackers changed the profile picture of the account — @PTI_News — and sent out tweets such as “Best channel in the telegram join to channel and learn something news” (sic).
Between 7:30 PM & 7.50 PM, PTI Twitter account was hacked. PTI is not responsible for any messages that could have appeared in that period.— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) February 1, 2017
The account was hacked around 7.30pm and was restored around 7.50pm.
Later, PTI put out a tweet saying, “Between 7:30 PM & 7.50 PM, PTI Twitter account was hacked. PTI not responsible for any messages that could have appeared in that period.”