PTI Twitter account hacked, restored within minutes
- CBI widens PNB fraud probe to include bank’s top brass
- The confusion over rural electrification in India
- One year on, it’s finally all about the ‘software’, Chandra
- N. Chandrasekaran set to focus on new businesses in smart mobility, cities
- N. Chandrasekaran completes one year as Tata Sons chairman, stabilizes group
New Delhi: The Twitter account of Press Trust of India (PTI) was hacked Wednesday evening by a group which called itself ‘Iran Crack Security team’ but was restored within minutes.
The hackers changed the profile picture of the account — @PTI_News — and sent out tweets such as “Best channel in the telegram join to channel and learn something news” (sic).
Between 7:30 PM & 7.50 PM, PTI Twitter account was hacked. PTI is not responsible for any messages that could have appeared in that period.— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) February 1, 2017
The account was hacked around 7.30pm and was restored around 7.50pm.
Later, PTI put out a tweet saying, “Between 7:30 PM & 7.50 PM, PTI Twitter account was hacked. PTI not responsible for any messages that could have appeared in that period.”