CCI approves Sony Pictures-Ten Sports deal
The CCI approved the acquisition of the sports broadcasting business of Ten Sports by Sony Pictures Networks India
Latest News »
- Discovery JEET an effort to expand the TV infotainment category: Karan Bajaj
- e-Shang Redwood to re-enter India, invest $100 million annually
- GST: Drug inventory seen adequate ahead of 1 July rollout
- HDFC Life, Max Life Insurance prepare new structure for merger
- New India Assurance IPO likely to hit capital market by December
New Delhi: The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Wednesday approved the acquisition of the sports broadcasting business of Ten Sports by Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt. Ltd.
The fair trade regulator announced its approval in a posting on the microblogging site Twitter.
The Ten Sports network is currently held by two subsidiaries of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL)—Taj Television Ltd, Mauritius, and Taj Television (India) Pvt. Ltd.
On 31 August 2016, ZEEL informed the BSE about the approval by board of directors for sale and transfer of Zee’s sports broadcasting business to Sony Pictures Networks in an all-cash deal worth $385 million.