CCI approves Sony Pictures-Ten Sports deal
Latest News »
- BJP sweeps Mira-Bhayander municipal polls, continuing Maharashtra victory run
- ItzCash’s parent Ebix to buy out YouFirst’s money transfer business
- Spanish police shoot dead possible Barcelona attack suspect
- Dokalam standoff to be resolved soon: Rajnath Singh
- Yamaha Fazer 25 launched at Rs1.28 lakh in India
New Delhi: The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Wednesday approved the acquisition of the sports broadcasting business of Ten Sports by Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt. Ltd.
The fair trade regulator announced its approval in a posting on the microblogging site Twitter.
The Ten Sports network is currently held by two subsidiaries of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL)—Taj Television Ltd, Mauritius, and Taj Television (India) Pvt. Ltd.
On 31 August 2016, ZEEL informed the BSE about the approval by board of directors for sale and transfer of Zee’s sports broadcasting business to Sony Pictures Networks in an all-cash deal worth $385 million.