Ola Play, Hotstar in talks with railways to provide content on trains
- Opening bell: Asian markets rise; TeamLease, Jaiprakash Power, Mahindra Finance in news
- Kansai Nerolac: overhang of higher input costs remains in Q2
- How India stacks up against peers on fiscal parameters
- Bajaj Finance: milking the consumption story yet again
- Colgate-Palmolive: weaker-than-expected recovery in wholesale trade
New Delhi: Indian Railways is in talks to bring on board Star India Pvt. Ltd’s video-streaming app Hotstar and Ola Play to provide content ranging from movies and music to cricket and other sports to passengers of the national carrier.
“With these two players joining the list, we now have over a dozen entertainment players who want to distribute and sell their content on trains and rail platforms, which is a big number,” a senior railway ministry official said on condition of anonymity.