Ola Play, Hotstar in talks with railways to provide content on trains
- NDA convenes all-party meeting today, ahead of winter session of Parliament
- Markets LIVE: Sensex, Nifty trade lower, Tata Communications shares rise 5%
- PM Modi commissions Scorpene-class submarine INS Kalvari into Indian Navy
- Rupee strengthens against US dollar in opening trade
- Aadhaar, world’s biggest biometric database, grows in India despite doubts
New Delhi: Indian Railways is in talks to bring on board Star India Pvt. Ltd’s video-streaming app Hotstar and Ola Play to provide content ranging from movies and music to cricket and other sports to passengers of the national carrier.
“With these two players joining the list, we now have over a dozen entertainment players who want to distribute and sell their content on trains and rail platforms, which is a big number,” a senior railway ministry official said on condition of anonymity.