Ola Play, Hotstar in talks with railways to provide content on trains
On-board entertainment for railway passengers will range from movies and music to cricket and other sports, if the deal comes through
Latest News »
- Gorkhaland agitation casts shadow over Eid celebrations in Darjeeling
- Rs37 lakh stolen from Flipkart dispatch centre in Delhi
- I&B ministry evaluates plan to make Prasar Bharati a corporate entity
- Mutual funds shun stocks of state-run oil marketing firms in May
- Presidential Election: Meira Kumar joins Twitter
New Delhi: Indian Railways is in talks to bring on board Star India Pvt. Ltd’s video-streaming app Hotstar and Ola Play to provide content ranging from movies and music to cricket and other sports to passengers of the national carrier.
“With these two players joining the list, we now have over a dozen entertainment players who want to distribute and sell their content on trains and rail platforms, which is a big number,” a senior railway ministry official said on condition of anonymity.