×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

Sam Mendes to direct next Bond film

Sam Mendes to direct next Bond film
PTI
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Wed, Jan 06 2010. 03 57 PM IST
Updated: Wed, Jan 06 2010. 03 57 PM IST
Los Angeles: British filmmaker Sam Mendes is reportedly in talks to direct the 23rd Bond film while Daniel Craig will reprise his role as the elusive 007 spy.
The production of the movie is being fast-tracked and could begin by June with an eye toward a 2011 release, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Neal Purvis and Robert Wade are writing the script alongwith ‘Frost/Nixon´ writer Peter Morgan. Michael Wilson and Barbara Broccoli are producing the movie.
Purvis and Wade have also worked on previous Bong movies ‘Casino Royale´ and ‘Quantum of Solace´.
Plans for the film are moving forward despite a possible sale of MGM. Sony co-produced and distributed the most recent installment of the 007 series with MGM.
The studio, however, has refused to confirm reports about Mendes and has also denied that pre-production on the money-spinning franchise has been halted, the Variety reported.
“The uncertainty surrounding the MGM’s ownership had left the project’s timeline a little up in the air what with the situation at MGM, so we have to be flexible,” producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli told Total Film magazine.
The ‘Revolutionary Road´ director has previously directed Craig in ‘Road to Perdition.´
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Wed, Jan 06 2010. 03 57 PM IST