Amazon’s Alexa to give fashion advice
- Donald Trump pressures US senators to back Republican healthcare bill
- India to send 700 tonnes of relief material for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan at UNGA, asks its leaders to introspect
- Mexico jittery after new earthquake of 6.1 magnitude
- Sushma Swaraj calls for early start of negotiations for UNSC reforms
San Francisco: Amazon’s digital assistant Alexa is being transformed into a fashionista in a new device that was unveiled on Wednesday.
The US online giant began selling its Echo Look gadget, which includes the voice-activated assistant but with a camera, allowing Alexa to offer fashion advice.
According to the product listing the new gadget has “everything you love about Alexa, and now she can help you look your best.”
With a hands-free depth-sensing camera, the $199 device allows a user to try on clothing and get views from any angle displayed on a handset.
“Get a second opinion on which outfit looks best with Style Check, a new service that combines machine learning algorithms with advice from fashion specialists,” the listing said.
Amazon has drawn attention with its line of Alexa-powered devices, which use artificial intelligence to respond to voice commands. Alexa is also being integrated into third-party devices ranging from cars to smart appliances.
The Amazon devices face competition from gadgets developed by Google and others.