ICAI revises CA syllabus to include GST, CSR
New Delhi: Chartered accountants’ apex body Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has revised its education and training system by including several contemporary topics—goods and services tax (GST) and corporate social responsibility (CSR)—Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
“The curriculum of the Chartered Accountants (CA) courses has been recently revised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI),” minister of state for corporate affairs Arjun Ram Meghwal said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.
He further said that several contemporary and relevant topics including GST, integrated as well as CSR reporting, and global financial reporting standard have been included in the CA syllabus.
Also, chapters have been introduced on Islamic finance, start-up finance, small and medium enterprises (SME). Certain redundant topics on indirect taxes—services tax, excise duty and value added tax (VAT)—have been deleted.
- India’s tightened consumer goods standards could hurt China imports
- Toyota targets 1,000 km driving range with fuel-cell concept car
- Worms could lead to new treatment for Alzheimer’s, other neurodegenerative diseases
- Telangana’s TJAC plans public meeting on ‘unemployment’ on 31 October
- Gold prices surge by Rs290 on Diwali demand