ICAI revises CA syllabus to include GST, CSR
New Delhi: Chartered accountants’ apex body Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has revised its education and training system by including several contemporary topics—goods and services tax (GST) and corporate social responsibility (CSR)—Parliament was informed on Tuesday.
“The curriculum of the Chartered Accountants (CA) courses has been recently revised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI),” minister of state for corporate affairs Arjun Ram Meghwal said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.
He further said that several contemporary and relevant topics including GST, integrated as well as CSR reporting, and global financial reporting standard have been included in the CA syllabus.
Also, chapters have been introduced on Islamic finance, start-up finance, small and medium enterprises (SME). Certain redundant topics on indirect taxes—services tax, excise duty and value added tax (VAT)—have been deleted.
Latest News »
- Carl Icahn quits White House role amid conflict of interest questions
- Sebi board may take up listing of ARC securities at next meeting
- Solar eclipse turning day into night to send temperatures tumbling
- Novel approach to track HIV infection found
- Kaziranga National Park devastated by monsoon floods, over 225 animals dead