Top B-schools in India 2017-18
- Telangana BJP chief starts month-long tour to expose ‘failures’ of state govt
- Bullet train in India a new challenge: Hitachi chairman Hiroaki Nakanishi
- Bharat Dynamics files IPO papers with Sebi
- WEF Davos 2018: Globalization is losing its lustre, says Narendra Modi
- Generational change in Shiv Sena: Aaditya Thackeray elevated
There is growing competition between top government-run B-schools and their private peers. While Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) with an overall score of 931 out of 1000 tops the table in the Mint-MBA Universe B-school rankings 2017, there are some nine private schools among the top 20 management schools in the country. IIM Calcutta and XLRI Jamshedpur, with 856 and 779 points, respectively, were ranked second and third among top B-schools in India.
The survey, which does not give any weight to perception while ranking schools, finds that top schools in India are flocking for global accreditation to better their brand image. It also finds top B-schools unlike leading engineering schools are admitting more women of late. But the desire to admit more non-engineers to management courses is not yet a reality.
The survey also shows how a subdued economy over the past few years is impacting salary growth of management graduates.