IIT JEE Main rankings out; Delhi’s Deepanshu Jindal tops the list
- Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Uri sector of Jammu and Kashmir
- Taliban militants attack Afghan army post in Farah killing 18 soldiers
- Arun Jaitley slams regulators, auditors for Rs11,400 crore PNB fraud
- New H1B visa policy will protect workers, prevent any fraud: USCIS
- IndiGo to shift part of its operations from IGI’s T-1 to T-2 after SC order
New Delhi: Delhi boy Deepanshu Jindal has topped the IIT JEE Main rank list 2016 released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday, with boys dominating the list of toppers. Pratyush Maini secured the second position and Rajesh Bansal the third.
The rank List, uploaded at http://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx, shows of the top 1,000 positions, 853 have been secured by boys and 147 by girls.
Ryali Gayathri from Telangana has emerged on the top among girls, securing the 11th rank.
The All India rankings are based on their JEE Main score (60% weightage) and Class 12 scores (40% weightage).
Admissions to BE and B Tech courses in engineering institutions like NITs, IIITs are made on the basis of these rankings.
Meanwhile, in another significant move for admission to the IITs — for which scores in IIT (Advanced) exam is the basis, the first list of allocation of seats for IITs will be released on 1 July.
Among boards, CBSE students have done well, getting 12 of the top 20 ranks. States boards like Telangana (6 of the top 20 positions), Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra too find students among toppers.
Around 11.28 lakh students had appeared for the IIT JEE Main exam, officials said, adding results were announced a week in advance as compared to last year.