NBE removes executive director Bipin Batra over unapproved appointment
New Delhi: National Board of Examinations (NBE), the apex examinations body for postgraduate medical education in the country, on Wednesday removed Bipin Batra from the post of executive director stating that his appointment had not been approved by the central government.
The governing body of NBE in its meeting decided to appoint Rashmi Kant Dave as honorary executive director with immediate effect.
“The board decided to remove Dr Batra after the Union ministry of health and family welfare raised the issue of his illegal appointment. Even if the board decides to appoint someone as executive director, the central government has to approve it. Dr Batra joined NBE as a member in July 2016 but was unable to furnish his appointment documents from the health ministry for the past one year,” Dr Dave told Mint.
- Air quality in Delhi today best in over a month: CPCB
- Zimbabweans celebrate Robert Mugabe’s imminent exit at mass rallies
- India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017
- Farmers to participate in two-day protest in Delhi from Monday
- Gujarat elections: BJP issues second list, names candidates for Congress held seats