Budget 2018 and education: Restoring the balance
The administrative distinction between elementary and secondary education has been reinforced by the focus on the former with the passage of the Right to Education (RTE) Act. Concomitantly, funds for and focus on secondary education have been lagging, impacting both infrastructural and learning quality. Notwithstanding the need for continued strengthening of elementary education, can India realize its demographic potential in the absence of a far-sighted policy for education as a whole?
- IndiGo to shift part of its operations from IGI’s T-1 to T-2 after SC order
- Oriental Bank of Commerce loan fraud: Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs389cr scam
- BMW to recall 11,700 cars after installing wrong engine software
- Donald Trump, Malcolm Turnbull discuss ways to expand ties with India, Japan
- Himalayas getting warmer, snowfall decreasing due to global warming