Replace English with Hindi as medium of instruction in education: SSUN
- PNB fraud: How Rs11,400 crore banking fraud lasted seven years
- Congress demands Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan should attend Kannur ‘peace meets’
- Uttar Pradesh should compete with Maharashtra to become first $1 trillion economy, says Narendra Modi
- BHEL bags Rs1,034 crore order from Hindustan Petroleum
- Donald Trump Jr. says missing out on India deals because of father’s self-imposed curbs
New Delhi: An RSS-affiliated body on Friday suggested the HRD ministry to replace English with Hindi as medium of instruction from elementary to higher levels in schools and foreign languages should not be offered as an alternative to any Indian language.
Among other suggestions, Shiksha Sanskriti Utthan Nyas (SSUN) also said prestigious institutions like IITs, IIMs and NITs should make arrangements for imparting education in Indian languages.
It has urged the HRD ministry that the suggestions be included in the New Education Policy which is being formulated. According to its list of suggestions, English not should be mandatory as a medium of communication or teaching.
“All research works must be linked to ‘national requirements’ and projects that do not meet this condition should not be considered for various scholarships. “The textbooks should not carry any references that insult Indian culture, tradition, thoughts or eminent personalities. Any such texts should be removed from the books,” it said.
The SSUN office-bearers have met HRD minister Prakash Javadekar and handed over their suggestions.