DU admissions: 57% seats in various colleges full, 4th cut-off list on 13 July
New Delhi: Nearly 57% of around 52,000 seats in undergraduate courses in various Delhi University colleges have been filled following the release of three cut-off lists by the varsity in a fortnight.
The varsity had on Friday released the third cut-off list with highest being 98% for B.A (Honours) in Psychology course in Lady Shri Ram College for Women.
“Over 30,000 out of around 52,000 seats in various DU colleges have already been filled, along with payment of fees. Remaining seats will is most likely to be filled after release of other two cut-off lists,” chairman of DU’s Admissions Committee, Professor Maharaj K Pandit said.
The first and second cut-off lists were released on 23 June and 1 July respectively.
While seats for much preferred B.A.(Hons.) English and Economics courses were still open in various colleges, Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), Lady Shri Ram (LSR) along with Hindu College has closed its admissions to some of the courses.
The fourth and the fifth lists are expected to be released on 13 and 18 July respectively
- Why Samir Singh could not stop running
- Embassy, Taurus Investment Holdings to invest $140 mn to develop Kerala SEZ
- RBI eases foreign investment regulations for corporate debt
- NCERT launches revised student-teacher ICT curricula
- HC asks Delhi, neighbouring states to implement ban on burning of crop residue