AAP unveils second list of Lok Sabha election candidates
- Itz Cash parent acquires Paul Merchants to become largest money transfer firm in India
- Earth’s sixth mass extinction likely by 2100: MIT study
- Flipkart says on track to double Big Billion Days sales to $1 billion this year
- First Scorpene submarine Kalvari handed over to Indian Navy
- Trai’s IUC decision a body blow to all telecom operators: Idea Cellular
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Thursday released its second list of candidates for the forthcoming Lok Sabha election.
The 30 candidates named in this list include Rajmohan Gandhi, the grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, who will contest from the East Delhi constituency.
Of the 30 candidates, 10 are from Maharashtra.
The list includes right to information activist Muzzafar Butt, who will be pitted against former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister and National Conference party leader Farooq Abdullah in Srinagar, the only constituency from the state featuring in the AAP’s second list.
Among the others is Naveen Jaihind from Rohtak, Haryana, where the party held a massive rally last week. Jaihind, a national executive member of AAP, will contest against the Congress party’s Deepender Hooda in Rohtak.
AAP is fielding independent legislator Paras Saklecha from Mandsaur constituency in Madhya Pradesh, which is currently represented by Congress leader Meenakshi Natarajan. The constituency recently gained prominence for being in the list of Congress primaries, a pilot project of the party in which ground workers will choose their candidates for the Lok Sabha election.