Amazon Prime Day comes to India, 12 other countries on 10 July
New York: Amazon.com Inc. is extending its annual “Prime Day” promotion to 30 hours this year from the earlier day-long event.
Amazon Prime Day will be available in 13 countries, including India, the US, UK, Germany, Japan and China.
Amazon will offer discounts and other deals in an effort to boost sales during the slower summer months. The deals are open only to members of Amazon Prime loyalty program, so Amazon typically gets more subscriptions, too.
While Amazon has claimed success, there have been grumblings that Prime Day deals are unimpressive or involve older models. Last year, Benchmark analyst Daniel Kurnos called Prime Day an example of “how to make clearance look good”.
- Indian firms should focus on domestic market for long-term growth, say top executives
- IT firms carve out separate units to tap into AI, automation
- Trai suggests easing caps on spectrum holding
- Kishore Biyani unveils plan to make Future Group a trillion-dollar-revenue group by 2047
- Axis Asset Management looks to raise pre-IPO fund of Rs750-1,000 crore