Mumbai: SAP Summit 2007, a three-day annual business and technology forum brought together over 2,000 attendees including customers, partners, industry experts, media and analysts highlighting “responsiveness to change” as being a critical indicator of the success of Indian corportes.
With increasing competition and commoditization,it was felt that SAP underscored the need for businesses to fuel profitable growth by relying upon accelerated business innovation and that productivity of non-differentiating tasks help accelerate business innovation.
SAP released new data showing continued customer wins across categories in India, including the signing on of its 1,000th SME customer in the country – Subhiksha Retail.
Speaking on SAP’s strong and continued partnership with Indian businesses, Alan Sedghi, president & CEO, Indian Subcontinent said, “Opportunities for Indian businesses have grown phenomenally. The incredible pace of customer adoption in India is a a sign of the evolution of SAP solutions. In the coming months SAP will continue to provide customers in India with an enhanced portfolio of solutions, proven industry best practices, and tools to adopt new innovations easily and seamlessly over time.”
Highlights of the conference
* Indian SMEs are growing at impressive rates year after year. They need solutions that have fast time-to-value, quick and easy user adoption, high flexibility and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Over 1000 small and midsize companies in India have adopted SAP solutions.
*SAP achieves record breaking new customer wins till date in 2007 with almost 400 Indian enterprises choosing SAP as their preferred business software solution, translating to the addition of more than two new customers per work day in 2007.
* This year SAP India further consolidated its market leadership across significant verticals like Banking, Financial Services and Insurance, Higher Education and Research, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Engineering & Constructions, Home-building, Auto-component Manufacturing, Metals and Mining, IT services, Media, Mill Products among others.
* SAP India witnessed this momentum of new-wins across large enterprises, small and midsize enterprises and very small enterprises in India.
SAP’s presence in Indian industry
* Today, SAP solutions empower over 1,800 Indian enterprises from across these segments.
* Recent entrants include MRF Tyres, GMR Group, SAIL, M N Dastur, Century Plyboards, Ceat Limited, University of Mumbai, Radio City, Provogue, Jaypee Group, Gulf Oil, ABB, Binani Cement, Tide Water Oil, ARTEMIS Healthcare, Birakia Holdings, M&B Footwear, Paradeep Phosphates amongst others.
* Dataquest Customer Satisfaction Audit 2007, comprising verticals like manufacturing, government, banking, financial services and insurance, IT/ITES and education sector conducted across ten cities in India revealed that Indian CIOs rate SAP as the leader on key parameters like product reliability, responsiveness to specific client requirements, domain knowledge of customers business and post-sales support.
* 1,000 Indian SME customers reaffirm SAP’s success as the vendor of choice for small and midsize enterprises (SMEs)
SAP’s big success has come from the signing up of Subhiksha, India’s largest and fast growing retail chain, as its 1000th SME customer in the country. They have implemented the SAP All-in-One solution to increase efficiency of its business processes and help the chain’s ambitious plans of increasing its presence from the present 750 stores to 1500 stores across the country over the next 12 months.
SAP India’s strength comes from being able to deliver localized solutions suited to Indian business environment. Some of the India specific functionalities that have been released for SAP for Utilities include features like ECS Mandate, Late Payment Charges, Prompt Payment Incentive and Security Deposit Enhancements amongst others. The SAP For Public Services has very niche localizations like Roster Management for Reservation Candidates, Employee Self Services for Reimbursements (Claims), Loans, Leave Encashment, Increment Processing etc. Similarly localization features for Real Estate Management includes India specific requirements like TDS computation and deduction for lease in process etc.
According to Sedghi, “Effectively supporting Indian customers with localized solutions tailor-made for Indian business environments has always been a fundamental element of SAP’s Indian operations. We have been investing in development and delivery of localizations across verticals and functionalities.These will help our customers keep their core systems stable while enabling them to adapt to local business processes and Indian legal mandates.”