‘Dangal’ creates box office record, earns $19 million in five days in China
Dangal -- both the dubbed version and with Chinese subtitles -- has so far had about 34000 shows in over 7000 screens all over China
Latest News »
- Rupee weakens marginally against US dollar on Asian cues
- Donald Trump growing frustrated with China, weighs trade steps
- Ready or not, businesses brace for GST rollout
- Cyberattack hits India, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust said to be affected
- Opening bell: US losses weigh on Asian markets; ABG Shipyard, GCPL, Fortis in news
Beijing: Superstar Aamir Khan’s Dangal is having a dream run at the box office in China and has already grossed 120 million yuan, (about $19 million) in five days.
The Nitesh Tiwari-directed film has eclipsed the record set by Aamir’s “PK” which last year earned 118 million yuan in one month of its run in China. “We reached 120 million yuan on Tuesday, on the fifth day. ‘Dangal’ is having a great run in China,” Prasad Shetty, partner of Strategic Alliance, a Chinese firm promoting Indian films in China told PTI here on Tuesday.
The film -- both the dubbed version and with Chinese subtitles -- has so far had about 34000 shows in over 7000 screens all over China. According to Shetty, the theme of father-daughter bond has struck an emotional chord with Chinese audiences.
Aamir gained popularity in China after the Chinese version of “3 Idiots” became a massive success followed by “PK”. The next Indian film to be released in the country is “Baahubali: The Conclusion”. PTI