Aurobindo Pharma Q2 profit rises 29%, beats estimates
Bengaluru: Aurobindo Pharma Ltd posted a better-than-expected 29% rise in quarterly profit, helped by higher sales at its formulations business in the United States.
Net profit after taxes and non-controlling interest was Rs781 crore ($120.22 million) in the second quarter ended 30 September, compared with Rs606 crore a year earlier, the Hyderabad-headquartered drugmaker said in a statement.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of Rs687 crore, Thomson Reuters data showed.
US formulations sales, which accounted for 47% of total revenue, rose 21% to Rs2,098 crore due to new product launches and higher sales of existing products, the company said.
Revenue from its Active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients (API) business edged 0.4% up. Reuters
- Not privatizing PSU banks Modi govt’s biggest failing: Morgan Stanley’s Ruchir Sharma
- Modi govt drunk on power, trying every trick to destroy Congress: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi urges states to adopt model farm laws drafted by Centre
- Services exports give India an edge in world trade but AI a speed breaker: Paul Krugman
- M. Sukumaran, the Kerala writer who mirrored what’s left of the Left, dies at 75