3 killed, several injured in an explosion at Nato air base in Afghanistan’s Bagram
- RAW Pressery gets $6 million funding from Sequoia, Saama Capital, DSG
- Amazon eyeing offline tie-ups to take on Flipkart in online fashion retail
- Yash Gupta resigns from Hines, to set up own real estate venture
- DII holdings in BSE companies at their highest in 25 quarters
- Artificial intelligence, safety, and end-of-life care
Kabul: An explosion at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (Nato) air base at Bagram, north of the Afghanistan capital Kabul, caused a number of casualties, officials said on Saturday.
The Nato-led resolute support mission said the explosion occurred just after 5.30am and that there had been casualties. It said force protection and medical teams were responding but gave no additional information.
Abdul Shokor Qodosi, the district governor of Bagram, said that at least three people were killed and 13 injured in the blast, which he said occurred near a dining facility.
He said the cause of the blast was unclear. Reuters