3 killed, several injured in an explosion at Nato air base in Afghanistan’s Bagram
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
Kabul: An explosion at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (Nato) air base at Bagram, north of the Afghanistan capital Kabul, caused a number of casualties, officials said on Saturday.
The Nato-led resolute support mission said the explosion occurred just after 5.30am and that there had been casualties. It said force protection and medical teams were responding but gave no additional information.
Abdul Shokor Qodosi, the district governor of Bagram, said that at least three people were killed and 13 injured in the blast, which he said occurred near a dining facility.
He said the cause of the blast was unclear. Reuters