Urjit Patel’s journey as RBI governor so far
- Opening bell: Asian markets open flat; OMCs, Godrej Consumer in news
- Volume relief for Gujarat Pipavav Port
- Trai recommended spectrum caps will accommodate emerging oligopoly
- Despite falling interest rates, debt in distressed firms still very high
- Stock market investors couldn’t care less about demonetisation
Reserve Bank of India’s 24th governor Urjit Patel completes one year in office on Monday. For someone who took charge at a time when economic indicators were benign, Patel’s term has been marked by landmark events like demonetisation, implementation of the insolvency and bankruptcy code, and the debut of the monetary policy committee. Here is a bird’s eye view of Patel’s tenure.