Glenmark gets US FDA nod for generic blood pressure medicine
Glenmark says it has received final approval from the US FDA for its generic version Olmesartan Medoxomil tablets, used in treatment of high blood pressure
Latest News »
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
- Yogi Adityanath govt launches ‘informer scheme’ to curb female foeticide
- World Taekwondo Federation changes its name over ‘negative’ acronym
New Delhi: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals on Friday said it has received final approval from the US health regulator for its generic version Olmesartan Medoxomil tablets, used in treatment of high blood pressure.
The approval granted by the US Food and Drug Administration to Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc is for multiple strengths of 5 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg, the company said in a statement. These are generic equivalent of Benicar tablets of Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
Glenmark’s Olmesartan Medoxomil tablets will be manufactured by the company’s manufacturing facility located in Goa, India, it added.
Citing IMS Health sales data for the 12-month period ended March 2017, the company said Benicar achieved annual sales of about $950 million.
Glenmark’s current portfolio consists of 115 products authorised for distribution in the US market and approximately 69 ANDA’s (Abbreviated New Drug Application) pending approval with the USFDA.
Shares of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals were trading 2.17% up at Rs625.20 on BSE.