Adani defers Australian Carmichael coal project investment decision
Latest News »
- TPG Capital’s stake sale in Healthium Medtech draws interest from 4 firms
- Income tax scrutiny to remain limited despite ITR filings surge
- Terrorist attacks on the rise in Europe
- Is Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy being blamed unfairly for Vishal Sikka’s resignation?
- Three arrested in Hyderabad for not standing up during national anthem
Melbourne: Adani Enterprises has deferred a final investment decision (FID) on its long-delayed Australian Carmichael coal project, as the Queensland state government has yet to sign off on a royalty agreement for the mine, an Adani spokesman said on Monday.
“Adani is advised that the Queensland cabinet did not consider any submission or make a decision on royalties for the Adani project today,” Adani’s spokesman in Australia said.
“In light of that, Adani has today deferred a decision by the board on FID until the government makes a decision,” he said.
The company had been planning to make a final investment decision on the 25 million tonnes a year coal mine and rail project by the end of May. Reuters