RBI to hold board meeting in Kanpur on 20 October
- Rahul Gandhi says India feeling tired, directionless, only Congress can take it forward
- Bengaluru, India’s Silicon Valley, faces man-made water crisis
- Daler Mehndi sentenced to 2 years jail in human trafficking case, gets bail
- Xi Jinping re-elected as China’s president, loyalist Wang Qishan vice president
- Andrew McCabe, former FBI deputy director, fired right before he was to retire
Kanpur: Reserve Bank governor Urjit Patel will chair the central board meeting in Kanpur on Thursday, 20 October.
This is first such instance that RBI will hold the meeting at this industrial city of Uttar Pradesh. It also happens to be the first central board meet under new Governor Patel.
Patel will reach Kanpur on Wednesday evening and will have interaction with industrialists and technocrats here, said Deepesh Tewari, manager (Personnel). Tewari said there is no prior information about whether the Governor will interact with the media or not.