RBI to hold board meeting in Kanpur on 20 October
- Alphabet to pack its digital city with autonomous ‘Taxibots’
- Pakistan blast kills at least six in Quetta
- WhatsApp lets you share live location to tell friends where you are
- Supreme Court firecracker ban: Over 1,200 kg crackers seized, 29 arrested
- Donald Trump’s third try at travel ban blocked by US judge
Kanpur: Reserve Bank governor Urjit Patel will chair the central board meeting in Kanpur on Thursday, 20 October.
This is first such instance that RBI will hold the meeting at this industrial city of Uttar Pradesh. It also happens to be the first central board meet under new Governor Patel.
Patel will reach Kanpur on Wednesday evening and will have interaction with industrialists and technocrats here, said Deepesh Tewari, manager (Personnel). Tewari said there is no prior information about whether the Governor will interact with the media or not.